Clinical Trial Endpoint has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Network System Architect who is seeking to grow and diversify their career. We are a highly innovative company who developed a healthcare technology application - ‘RealWorld EDC’. This application was specifically designed for the collection of patient data in the real world setting – unlike conventional systems designed for clinical trials. It has been used for late phase studies by world leading Pharmaceutical companies and Contract Research Organisations (CROs) across Europe, Russia and Japan.
As a growing company providing software to the pharmaceutical industry, we have the need for a system/network architect to manage our growing infrastructure and ensure it meets industry best practice and standards. This person will define an appropriate SLA for our clients and create a plan to ensure we deliver on that SLA. The implementation will be carried out by 3rd parties with the architect setting the goals and direction and managing the progress and ongoing health of the network.
The successful candidate will have experience in delivering a robust system implemented to the best industry standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Deliver business design and ensure the best network solutions.
- Providing network architecture & design services
- Be the key point of contact for all IT projects requiring engagement around network designs or changes.
- Network strategy, architecture and design leadership
- Negotiate with key stakeholders including prioritisation of projects and resources
- Provide technical insight and input to key project management activities
- Develop technical product roadmaps, designs and solutions
- Provide technical design assurance for new projects, operational change and enhancements
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to all
Areas of Expertise - Understand and manage the following areas:
- Definition of appropriate SLA for clients
- Create plan to upgrade system to deliver on SLA
- Create plan to make the system scalable
- Set up process to manage change to the environment
- Understand all phases of solution implementation to ensure adherence to standards, identify potential risks and develop mitigation plans
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 3 to 5+ years of experience in a technical lead role
Specific experience in the following would be an advantage:
- Domain management
- Linux OS
- Windows OS
- Backup and recovery strategies and testing for hardware, software and databases
- Introduce redundancy at all levels
- System security / Firewalls and monitoring
- Performance and latency
Work Schedule: Part-time (10 to 20 hours per week).
Location Desired: Limerick, Ireland.
Location Option: Virtual Home Office with periodic travel to our offices in Limerick or Dublin.
Travel Requirements: Ability to travel occasionally (max 10%) as warranted by project work; frequency will vary depending on project requirements
How to Apply?
CV and cover letter to be sent by email to: email@example.com (quoting subject: Network System Architect) or via LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/744802342
Clinical Trial EndPoint Ltd was established in 2002 by two former senior executives from the pharmaceutical sector. Stephen Dorman was formerly managing director of world leading pharma company GSK (Ireland) and Tomas O’Mahoney was European Clinical Project Manager in Sanofi. CTEP has its offices and development centre at City West, Dublin 24.
The company specialises in providing electronic patient data capture (EDC) software for real world (observational) studies to the pharmaceutical sector either directly or through global Contract Research Organisations (CROs).
The demand for real-world patient data is growing rapidly and there is clear recognition that the software functionality in post-approval studies should be different to that deployed in pre-approval clinical trials. CTEP’s RealWorld EDC product has been developed specifically to capitalize on this opportunity. From a strong customer base in Ireland, CTEP is now working to intensify its sales and marketing activities within Europe and key global markets such as Japan.
Japan is a niche market for RealWorld EDC as Post Marketing Surveillance studies are mandatory in this large market. CTEP has been localising its software specifically for the Japanese market. Progressing sales and marketing activities in Japan will be a key area of focus in this role.
NOTE: No third party or agencies required. Local agency relationships in place. Direct applicant's need only apply to this advert.